Community Wellbeing Programme
Do you have an idea for a community wellbeing project or activity in Glossopdale? Perhaps you already run something and want to expand it?
This isn’t a traditional grants scheme! We have a grant pot of £40,000* available over the next 18 months, and we want you, the Voluntary and Community Sector in Glossopdale, to come to us with good ideas that you think meet the priorities and will make a big difference to local people and communities.
The main aim of the Community Wellbeing Programme is to reduce demand and dependency on health and social care services by connecting people to community-based activities and services to help improve their health and wellbeing.
The Community Wellbeing Governance Panel are currently looking for groups and projects that will meet the following priorities:
- Improve health and wellbeing, particularly for people with long term health conditions
- Reduce social isolation (lack of contact with people and society)
- Reduce loneliness (emotional response to isolation – a lack of connection or communication with people)
- Create mutually beneficial networks of support and resilience (including carers)
- Support people with low mood, low self-esteem / loss of confidence
- Support place-based working that improves lives in local communities
For more information please download the guidance and application form below:
If you would like to know more, or think you have a project or idea that would meet this criteria, we really encourage you to speak to us before making an application for a informal chat. Do do this or simply to learn more about this programme please contact Damien Greenhalgh and Emma Delany on 01457 865722