Move More Glossop
Move More Glossop is partnership of community, sports, health and council organisations working to encouraging people across Glossop to get involved, start moving more and share ways to fit activity into everyday life. and The That Counts! campaign is part of a wider campaign running across Greater Manchester.
To learn more or get involved please get in touch with our Engagement Worker, Helen Thornhill on email@example.com or 01457 865722
What is Move More Glossop?
Move More is the public campaign that’s inspiring us all to move more, in our own way.
It doesn’t have to be great feats of endurance, running marathons or pumping iron, you can choose your own moves! It could be dancing around the kitchen, jumping in puddles with the kids, walking the dog or running for the bus. However you move, as long as you move more, it all counts. Moving for just 30 minutes throughout the day has so many benefits.
Whatever way people choose to do it, moving more can improve health and wellbeing. In the long-term it also helps protect against serious illnesses like cancer, heart disease and stroke.
Move more. Sleep well. Feel better.
Sitting still isn’t good for us . Our bodies are meant to be active – moving around and getting as much fresh air as we can. And the less active we are, the more likely we are to develop health conditions, or make existing ones worse. Rest isn’t always best – moving more could actually be the best medicine …
It’s up to you how you get active. The more fun you have, and the easier it is to fit into your routine, the better. But it’s important to make sure that whatever you do, you’re getting the benefits, too.
- Anything that makes you move more counts!
- Dancing round the kitchen while you’re washing up.
- Running after the kids in the garden.
- A kick-about in the park.
- Walking to school, or work, the dog, or even to the corner shop.
- Jumping in muddle puddles in the rain.
- Trying a new YouTube yoga move.
- Reviving your childhood skipping skills.
- Scooting the school run, and back again.
It counts if:
You can feel your heart pumping faster
You’re feeling warmer
You’re getting a bit sweaty
You’re breathing faster
(Not Mo Farah faster, just a little out of breath!)
This is a brand-new circular walking route around Glossop. It can be done in one loop or in 4 smaller routes. It can be downloaded on the Go-Jauntly App or the paper description version is above.
How to use the Go-Jauntly App
2. Create an account.
3. Once in the app, press the magnifying glass icon and search for Glossop. Select ‘Glossop, Derbyshire, England, United Kingdom’.
4. Select one of the four available routes for the Glossop Circular.
For more information about the Go-Jauntly app, visit their website.