Glossop Boccia Club – Volunteer/Coach
DOSportUK are looking for someone to volunteer with our Glossop Boccia Club.
Boccia is a disability sport with similarities to bowls. Players play from a seated position and propel boccia balls towards a white jack ball. The game is play by a variety of people and can be anywhere from tactical and competitive right down to purely enjoyable and social!
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer who wants to learn more about disability sport and boccia and who is committed to developing the club. We are entered into the North West section of the Boccia England National Cup as a team and individual players have opportunities to compete at various competitions across the season.
All volunteers will receive on the job training and DOSportUK are happy to reward commitment with qualifications and CPD!
The role will include:
– Help setting up equipment and session
– General assistance for lead coach
– Working with people with a range of disabilities
– Creating a fun and friendly atmosphere
– Good Communication Skills
– Able to work independently and within a team
– Friendly and approachable
– No previous experience of Boccia or coaching needed!
For more information and all applications please email to Jacob Meaton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07786144414.Apply Now