We continue to provide information and advice, alongside our usual (albeit limited) support services, as well as:
Connecting people together for friendly telephone befriending calls for those feeling anxious or lonely.
Supporting people to access local amenities such as food delivery services, pharmacy deliveries and so on.
Working with the NHS, local community groups and Councils to support them with their crisis responses.
Working to find suitable support for all, ensuring that everyone has the supplies and tools to comfortably isolate.
If you or someone you know needs some support or assistance, please give us a call on 01457 865722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back for further updates!
Pharmacy Hub Service to End
The prescription delivery service, coordinated by the Pharmacy Hub in conjunction with The Bureau, will be ending on the 31st August 2020. The demand has significantly reduced to a manageable level that means pharmacies can keep up with deliveries themselves.
Thank you to the volunteers who have been working hard delivering well needed medicines to our local clients!
Here is a list of the pharmacies in Glossop which will support with deliveries.
Derbyshire’s CRU No Longer Taking Volunteers
Previously we had been encouraging those who wished to volunteer, to sign up with Derbyshire’s Crisis Response Unit. However now they are redirecting willing volunteers back to their local volunteer centres, which is The Bureau if you live in Glossop!
Although the kinds of volunteer opportunities we currently have are limited, we can still take expressions of interest for follow up once our usual activities commence.
Self-Referral to NHS Volunteer Responders
Closing recruitment of COVID-19 volunteers
We have been overwhelmed by those getting in touch to help the community and support people during this crisis. In order for everyone’s efforts to be better coordinated, we are now asking new volunteers to register with the NHS’s national volunteer scheme via the GoodSam app or alternatively with Derbyshire County Council’s Community Response Unit scheme.
Changes to the way we are supporting the community
Due to the demand and restriction announced by the Government last night we are changing the support we are able to offer:
- We will no longer be able to provide bespoke shopping support, instead providing a pre-packaged £15 bag of essential non-perishable food goods including soup, cereal, crackers, spaghetti bolognese , rice pudding, biscuits etc. These bags are to support the most vulnerable and those that cannot get out of the house whilst reducing risk to those people volunteering.
- We continue to support with the delivery of prescriptions where possible and are working with the NHS and local pharmacies on how we can support their delivery system that is seeing significant demand.
- We continue to connect people willing to provide a friendly listening ear to those socially isolated, anxious and lonely people who would benefit from a social befriending phone-call.
Building now closed to public. Phone lines remain open!
Our community hub /office will close to the public from tomorrow (Tuesday 24th March) for your protection and the protection of our staff/volunteers.
We are still operating and providing practical and emotional community support during this coronavirus / COVID-19 outbreak.
Our telephone line remains open 01457 865722 – 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Voicemail and emails will be picked up and responded to.
Building remain open and are actively support our community
Our community hub /office remains open, but for your protection and the protection of our staff/volunteers please consider your need to visit our building.
We are moving all of our focus to providing practical and emotional community support during this coronavirus / COVID-19 outbreak.
Suspension of all group sessions and home visits
This has been decided because many of the people who use our services are considered to be in the ‘at risk’ group and we want to ensure that we are not putting anyone at risk. Our Board of Trustees has therefore suspended the following:
- All group sessions
- All home visits including volunteers and staff
- External group bookings (Please contact us for more details)
- Our minibus for groups.