Following our decision to follow advice and suspended our group and home visits for the safety of our client, volunteers and staff we are now focusing all our efforts on coordinating the support of our community during this unprecedented period of worry and disruption.
We are are working with local partners including Glossopdale Foodbank, the local hospital NHS trust (T&G ICFT) and local GP practices to mobilise the people of Glossop to help us with the following important tasks:
- Making social telephone calls to people in isolation
- Distributing food and medication (by car or on foot)
- Assembling food packages (via Glossopdale Foodbank)
If you are able to help in any way please please visit our dedicated COVID-19 volunteer page HERE
Alternatively please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 01457 865722 with the following and and we will add you to our emergency volunteer contact list:
- your name
- phone number
- area you live in (helps with localising support)
- which task you would be able to help with
Please check back for further updates!
Changes to the way we are supporting the community
Due to the demand and restriction announced by the Government last night we are changing the support we are able to offer:
- We will no longer be able to provide bespoke shopping support, instead providing a pre-packaged £15 bag of essential non-perishable food goods including soup, cereal, crackers, spaghetti bolognese , rice pudding, biscuits etc. These bags are to support the most vulnerable and those that cannot get out of the house whilst reducing risk to those people volunteering.
- We continue to support with the delivery of prescriptions where possible and are working with the NHS and local pharmacies on how we can support their delivery system that is seeing significant demand.
- We continue to connect people willing to provide a friendly listening ear to those socially isolated, anxious and lonely people who would benefit from a social befriending phone-call.
Building now closed to public. Phone lines remain open!
Our community hub /office will close to the public from tomorrow (Tuesday 24th March) for your protection and the protection of our staff/volunteers.
We are still operating and providing practical and emotional community support during this coronavirus / COVID-19 outbreak.
Our telephone line remains open 01457 865722 – 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Voicemail and emails will be picked up and responded to.
Building remain open and are actively support our community
Our community hub /office remains open, but for your protection and the protection of our staff/volunteers please consider your need to visit our building.
We are moving all of our focus to providing practical and emotional community support during this coronavirus / COVID-19 outbreak.
Suspension of all group sessions and home visits
This has been decided because many of the people who use our services are considered to be in the ‘at risk’ group and we want to ensure that we are not putting anyone at risk. Our Board of Trustees has therefore suspended the following:
- All group sessions
- All home visits including volunteers and staff
- External group bookings (Please contact us for more details)
- Our minibus for groups.